Below you will see we have attached an Infographic picture which is showing a list of 5 products which we consume or use in everyday life either at home or out and about. Explaining How long it takes for rubbish to break down in the ocean. (We know not everyone smokes, you can’t say you don’t see them on our beaches)
How long did you think it would take for household rubbish to break down in the ocean?
Quick Fact studies have found that 4 out of the 5 are spotted on our beaches every week!
Plastic bags, Canned Drinks, Cigarette Butts, Plastic Bottles
However, you can’t forget the banana skins, although this is just one of the fruits, we see on our beaches. Where do you put your apple core or orange peel?
The reason for showing the fruit peel is to display how long it should roughly take for something to break down. So Other Fruit Peels/Skins may vary.
Still reading that’s fantastic and Thank You.
Here are some action steps we all can take today to improve the health of our beaches, oceans, and sea life in which they call the ocean home.
Just think of this. You would never believe that the plastic bag you just use at the local supermarket will stick around for the same or even more than your time spent in education. Crazy Right That’s Why We Have To Make A Change.
Here are 4 action steps you can take today to enhance the health of our oceans and beaches:
- Be sure to dispose of cigarettes correctly and encourage city councils to install disposal containers around the communal areas and workplaces. Or, just stop smoking, you will have a healthier life and more money in your pocket if you do!
- Purchase reusable bags or bags for life and ditch the plastic ones or hand them back to local supermarkets.
- Recycle it and don’t forget it, remember it only takes one person to make a new trend so why not start and encourage your friends and family to do the same and plus it helps the ocean.
- Purchase a reusable water bottle. Maybe you want to make your bottle stand out from the crowd so you never forget it.
This Picture Below was when Jon was away on a family holiday and couldn’t resist making a Shark out of sand for the kids. The best part was that I never needed to make sure my bottle was in the shade as with Chilly’s bottles they can:
- 24 Hours Staying Cold
- 12 hours Being hot
- Leakproof, sweat-free – No more wet bag!!
- Most important made with Quality materials and they are BPA free.
Chilly’s Bottles are built from enduring, high-grade 304 stainless steel, for both the inner and outer walls. This preserves the flavour of your coffee or ice-cold smoothie and can’t miss the freshness of your drink, without any bad chemicals being consumed.
Why not head over to Amazon and grab yourself a Chilly’s bottle for the summer or winter months.
Also, why not bring awareness to your kid’ s, friends and family with this fun activity from uk.whales.org Enjoy 🙂
“With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live.”
– Sylvia Earle
Please let us know in the comments your thoughts to this blog and please let us know if you would like to receive more blogs associated with the importance of climate change.
In addition, want to learn more about how you can help save our world. Please head over to our Climate Change pages to discover more content just like this.
Thank You, Take Care
Remember To Be Mindful